Besides the stress that affects the stomach and intestinal system, the feeding habits can trigger the reflux attacks. Department of Internal Medicine Dr. Prof. Dr. Tülay Kadıoğlu made recommendations to decrease the reflux symptoms and improve the quality of life of reflux patients.
Stress and nutrition again featured!
Reflux is the escape of stomach contents back upwards into the esophagus. As a result, the acid in the stomach and pepsin, that helps the digestion of proteins in the stomach in the stomach, irritates the lower end of the esophagus and the esophagus itself can not protect from gastric acid. In addition to stressful work and living conditions, the traditional style of food, along with modern city life, has also changed. Increasing consumption of home meals, time-varying meals, ready-to-eat foods and fast food foods, coffee, tea, carbonated beverages and increased consumption of cigarettes are important factors in the formation of reflux.
May cause serious health problems
In patients with reflux, problems such as pain in the mouth, chest pain, stomach soreness, difficulty in swallowing, cough and hoarseness are seen. In cases where the disease is not treated and the complaints are not taken under control, serious problems such as sudden wakening and lung inflammation may occur. In addition, the risk of esophageal cancer is present in patients with reflux problems due to irritation of the esophagus.
Correct nutrition reduces complaints
Nutritional patterns of people with reflux problems allow for the control of complaints and prevent the disease from causing damage to different organs in the body.
Not recommended foods and drinks consumed Reflux:
-Non and alcohol
-SO garlic and fried foods in -Oil
Food and drinks that reduce reflux symptoms:
Get habits that reduce reflux complaints
1. Reduce portions of your plate: Foods that reduce reflux symptoms should be preferred and the stomach should not be overfilled. This causes food to escape easily.
2. Do not sleep after eating: Care should be taken not to be in a lying position for at least two hours after eating. This is because the angle between the stomach and the esophagus is lost.
3. Do not eat fast: Chewing long bites is important for patients with reflux. It also provides effective protection, not by the feet, but also by sitting.
4. If your pillow height is 30 cm: The head should be kept higher than the stomach level to prevent the gastric fluid from escaping.
5. Lose weight : Complaints of reflux patients with an overweight problem are both more frequent and more severe. For this reason, care must be taken to be in the ideal weight.
6. For abundant and frequent water: Consisting of frequent sips of water throughout the day has a reducing effect.
7. Move: Short walks after dinner for 15-20 minutes are relaxing and extremely beneficial for patients.